What is Sweetest Day
- It is a REAL holiday...if you choose to celebrate it...just like National Margarita Day is a real holiday at my house...cuz I choose to celebrate it
- It is always the third Saturday in October
- It was originally created to promote gifting candy
- It was started in Cleveland Ohio which is why only midwesterns know about it
- It is now more of a romantic holiday--think Valentine's day without the pressure
- It is a great holiday to embrace if you are a bargain shopper. Because it is a regional holiday there a not the high demands for flowers or candies so you can often find deals on these. Restaurants and hotels in our area often create packages for couples for Sweetest Day weekend as well.
Traditional Sweetest Day gifts are:
- chocolates...of course this was the original idea
- flowers...a great idea because people rarely buy flowers for themselves so they need to be gifted
- greeting cards
- dinner at a nice restaurant
- romantic dinner at home
- weekend getaway
You can choose to celebrate Sweetest Day or not, its completely up to you...but I recommend doing something special for your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife.....whomever you are sharing your life with. Maybe you will get something special in return.